Sunday, July 5, 2015

I give up

Not really: it's not in my DNA.  But wise people choose their battles, and I realized about 15 minutes ago an important reality: my obsession with the state of the world--which far, far, far exceeds that of 99% of our population I suspect--is a defense mechanism.  Specifically, it exists to prevent a full ego individuation from a state of fusion that is a primal artifact of early trauma and parental narcissism.

Letting it all go is my last important task prior to calling Phase One--climbing out of the hole--done.  If we are going to hell in a hand basket, I am going to look for positives in the hand basket.

I have more or less been willing the world to be rational, which is more or less the equivalent of an emotional isometric against the entirety of the planet: it neither moves nor notices, but I get quite tired.

That, I quit.  No more.

And I think I mean it.

No comments: